Getting Started Login using a Google or Facebook account or other email. Teachers can setup classes and gives students a code to join the class. Teachers will be able to see and share student made canvases. Viewing canvases others have made is a good way to understand how Edcanvas could be used in your classroom .
* Skip to the bottom to learn how to easily create classes for your students!
Creating a Canvas
1. Select the + sign to create a new canvas. Enter the title for the canvas.
2. Now search for various resources using the embedded search options on the right navigation menu.
3. Drag the resource to a box. Remember that you can move the resources
around the canvas.
Sharing a Canvas
1. Click the share button to share your canvas on Edmodo, twitter or Facebook or post in your class with the Edmodo code. You can also email the canvas, or embed it in your website for students.
2. Lock your canvas to make it private and only accessible to you.
3. All canvases save automatically.
4. If student can’t access YouTube, have them look for videos on SchoolTube or TeacherTube.
Creating a Class
1. Click on Add Class. Select a new class
2. Name your class.
3. Write the name of the code on the board.
4. Students will go to www.edcanvas.com and select sign-up then click the students tab,
5.Have them register using the course code. No email address is needed but it is optional.
6. It will automatically log the students in and they can begin to create.
Sharing the Edcanvas
1. Click the Share button at the top of the page.
2. Select who can view the canvas.
3. Click the Edmodo button to add it to your library.
4. Copy and paste the link into Edmodo or Big Campus.
5. Use the QR Code and the scan app to share the Edcanvas.
Presenting the Edcanvas
1. Selecting Play Canvas at the top of the screen.
2. Selecting the arrows to click through the canvas.
Edcanvases are saved automatically.
Add Edcanvas to the iPad Homescreen
1. You must use the Safari web browser to do this.
2. Select the arrow with the square around it and click add to home screen.
3. Then click add.