Classroom Management Tips for iPads
(Cart Based Model)
- Assign students in each class to a specific iPad. Make sure they use the same iPad each time. (Optional: Have a iPad check-in/check-out person in each class)
- Circulate around the room as student use the iPad.
- Use a countdown procedure to have students stop using the iPad (Flip it Fast! Thanks to Arvin of iSchool Initiative for that great phrase) If a student is not on task, just slide the app up with four finger to open the last apps used.
- Take the iPad away from student’s who is playing on it or not handling it with care. Have book work, a worksheet, etc. for them to do or allow them to look on with another student. Have them earn the iPad back. It is a privilege.
- You can save a website to the iPad screen for students to access at all times on the iPad. Open Safari, type in the website then, click the bookmark icon and select save to Home Screen.
- Make sure students have cleaned their hands with anti-bacterial hand soap.
- Beware of student’s logging out of the school district iTunes and into their own.
- At the end of each week have a student helper(s) check the iPads Photo Library in order to make sure that there are no inappropriate photos or videos stored on the iPads. If found they should be deleted immediately.
- Place the correct iPad in the correct slot each time.
- Make sure to plug the iPad cart up before you leave for the day to recharge them.
- Start check in 10 minutes before the class period ends.