Best, New Strategies for Using iPads®, Mobile and Cutting-Edge Technology Tools to Help Students Who Struggle with Math(Grades K-5)
NEW Seminar Presented By Letia Cooper
Award-Winning Teacher, Instructional Technologist and National Presenter
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-5: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Math Coaches and Coordinators, Title I Staff, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Dozens of powerful, practical ideas for using iPads and other mobile devices to motivate, engage and support your students who struggle with math
- Discover the latest, new apps for iPads and other handheld devices for teaching critical math skills to students who struggle
- Easy ways to integrate the iPad and other mobile devices into your daily mathematics instruction with proven technology to improve student learning
- Gain a wealth of highly effective lessons for iPads and mobile devices designed to engage struggling learners and keep them involved
- Receive an extensive, ready-to-use resource handbook and access to the instructor’s internet resources, filled with quality apps, websites and outstanding resources, as well as practical, classroom-proven strategies for using this powerful technology with your K-5 struggling math students
but it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical StrategiesIn this highly engaging, practical seminar, you will gain a wealth of ideas and resources for using the iPad and other mobile devices to open a whole new world of interactive, exciting tools to teach mathematics to struggling students – in ways they love to learn. iPads and other mobile devices are phenomenal tools! In the hands of young learners, especially those who struggle, this technology is truly amazing. You will see how the intuitive interaction with these devices opens a whole new world of fun, engaging ways to teach and learn mathematics.
Throughout this fast-paced, app-filled, NEW seminar, you will gain dozens of “take right back to your classroom” ideas for using the iPad and other mobile devices to increase the achievement of your struggling math students. Whether you have one iPad, enough for each learner or for groups, you will gain valuable activities and strategies for making the best use of free and low-cost apps to motivate, engage and support your students who find it most challenging to learn mathematics.
Outstanding teacher, elementary instructional technologist and national presenter,Letia Cooper, will provide you with dozens of apps, engaging teaching ideas and assessment tips that will reach students of all learning levels, including your students who struggle most with math. You will leave this high-impact seminar with new strategies, a wealth of innovative lessons and exciting resources specifically tailored for using iPads and mobile devices with students in grades K-5. Come and enjoy a highly productive day discovering how to use iPads and other mobile devices to significantly increase the success of students who struggle with mathematics.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Meet the Needs of Your Struggling Math Students with Outstanding Activities for iPads and Mobile Devices
Learn effective strategies to use iPads and other mobile devices to meet the diverse needs of students who struggle to learn math … Discover a variety of techniques to significantly increase student math achievement with iPads and mobile devices
- Discover Proven Ways to Motivate Struggling Math Students
Learn about the newest, best techniques for using technology with students who have lost motivation to learn math … Discover the significant impact that iPads and mobile devices can have in motivating and positively impacting the progress of your struggling students
- Use the Best, New Apps and Technology Tools for Struggling Students
Discover the most outstanding apps to use with students who find it difficult to learn basic math skills … See the best apps and tools that target specific math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, geometry, and fractions
- Enhance Your Current Math Lessons with iPads and Mobile Devices
See how to easily design lessons or reshape your current lessons to take advantage of iPads and mobile devices … Learn how to begin infusing digital technology and a variety of productivity apps into your current math instruction
- Meet the Needs of Diverse Learners in Mathematics
Discover quick and easy ways to harness the power of iPads and mobile devices to meet the diverse range of learners in your classroom … See which apps and online tools will help you differentiate instruction, especially for your struggling students
- Explore Outstanding Tips and Tricks for Managing iPads and Mobile Devices
Find out the best strategies for classroom management of iPads and mobile devices based on a variety of flexible models … Outstanding techniques for managing the one iPad classroom, the cart-based classroom and the one-to-one model
- Practical Ideas to Meet the Needs of Students with Disabilities
Discover a world of phenomenal apps that enhance the ability of students with special needs to learn math … See strategies and apps that meet the needs of students with mobility, hearing, seeing, and behavior difficulties
- Incorporate Timesaving Strategies that Take Advantage of Technology
Look at ideas and tips for assigning work to students, setting up efficient math work stations and monitoring their progress … How to ease your load by taking advantage of powerful tools that are simple to access and use
- Use iPads and Mobile Devices for Assessment and Instant Feedback
Learn how to utilize apps and student response systems to assess the understanding and progress of your struggling students … See how to get instant feedback in ways that take far less time
- Receive an Extensive Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive math resource handbook filled with outstanding ideas and valuable resources … Gain access to Letia’s websites and lessons that will give you a wealth of tutorials, apps, web resources, and tips for using iPads and mobile devices to build your struggling students’ math skills
Here's what you'll learn:
- Powerful ideas for using iPads and mobile devices to create and deliver highly motivating lessons for students who struggle with math
- Techniques for using technology to positively impact the progress of students who find math most challenging
- Where to find the best apps and tools that target specific math skillsincluding addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, geometry, and fractions
- How to begin infusing digital technology and a variety of productivity apps into your current math instruction
- Outstanding methods for creating digital content students can access at school and from home
- Where to find the best apps to engage your students with audio and visual disabilities
- How to find ready-to-use math lessons filled with opportunities to engage even the most reluctant learners
- Which outstanding apps and online tools help you differentiate instruction, especially for your struggling students
- Tips for incorporating iPads and mobile devices into your current math curriculum
- How to use instructional apps and creativity apps to enhance your math lessons
- Where to access the best iPad apps, lesson ideas and strategies and how to use them to meet your students’ needs
- Best strategies for classroom management of iPads and mobile devicesbased on a variety of flexible models
- How to incorporate timesaving strategies that take advantage of technology
- Ideas and tips for assigning work to students, setting up efficient math work stations and monitoring student progress
- Highly effective ways to customize your iPad and mobile device lessonsto meet the needs of students who struggle with math
- How to use iPads and mobile devices for assessment and instant feedback
- Step-by-step techniques to create engaging lessons that promote communication and collaboration between students
- Where to find hundreds of websites for use with the iPad and mobile devices that will engage any learner!
My first set of iPads came with little warning and even less professional development. You may have had the same experience, yet all of us are involved in the exciting process to adapt to a changing world and teach our students the essential skills they need to succeed. As you know, this is often more challenging with students who struggle to learn mathematics. iPads and mobile devices have truly changed the world we live in and many things that were previously very challenging are now clearly realized – including the ability to reach and teach our students who struggle the most with math.
Technology has exposed our students to a world outside the classroom and it provides us with a wonderful variety of ways to help all students learn. It is my pleasure to share with you the best tips, tools, ideas, and strategies I have learned after several years of using iPads and mobile devices with students who find math so challenging.
During our fast-paced day together, I will show you how to create motivating, content‑based lessons for grades K-5 that focus on improving mathematics skills for our struggling students. You will receive dozens of tips and tricks for using the iPad and mobile devices as an interactive whiteboard, a screen-casting tool, video creator, and multimedia teaching tool with outstanding math apps.
In addition, the apps and online tools I share with you will allow you to differentiate your instruction and personalize learning for those who are struggling to learn both basic and more complex math skills and concepts. These apps will fully engage your struggling students and significantly impact their learning. I will also show you how to integrate the iPad and mobile devices with your current math curriculum, using your current classroom technology such as interactive whiteboards and document cameras.
It will be a pleasure to provide you with proven strategies, innovative ideas and a toolbox filled with resources designed specifically for boosting the motivation and achievement of students who struggle with math. I look forward to sharing a valuable and stimulating day with you!
P.S. Remember, the focus of our day together will be to empower you with practical strategies and ideas for using iPads and mobile devices to enhance your instruction, fully engage your students who struggle with math and improve their achievement.
Who Should AttendEducators who teach mathematics in grades K-5: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Math Coaches and Coordinators, Title I Staff, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
- Extensive Resource Handbook:
Each participant will receive an extensive handbook with a wealth of materials specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Dozens of practical strategies for using iPads and other mobile devices to motivate, engage and support your students who struggle to learn math
- Outstanding, ready-to-use lessons, apps, websites, and online tools for teaching basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, geometry, and fractions
- Easy-to-implement techniques for integrating iPads and mobile devices into your daily mathematics instruction
- Highly practical, innovative ideas for using the best technology tools to improve the achievement of students who struggle with math
- Make Best Use of Your Time:
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and access to a specially created electronic resource will provide you with project ideas and direct links to online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
- Consultation Available:
Letia Cooper will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
- Semester Credit Option:
Graduate elective credit available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Chapman University College (California) available at the seminar.
- Meet Inservice Requirements:
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.